Curbside Library Service
Following Emergency Order #28, you can now place requests for curbside service, with pick-up available beginning on Friday, May 1. We currently have pick-ups times available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. We may adjust our schedule to meet demand, so stay tuned for updates!
Here’s how it will work:
- Let us know what you need from the library. We have books (of course!), DVDs, tech equipment, audiobooks, music CDs, tax forms, seeds from our seed library, and more. You can request specific titles, but we’re also happy to help with requests like “picture books for my 4-year-old,” “a few good movies,” or “some new mysteries to read.” To place your request, you can:
- If you’ve placed holds online, we will call you to schedule a pickup time. If you call, pick-up will be scheduled when you place your request.
- Libraries have been given specific guidelines from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction on how to handle curbside deliveries. Please follow these instructions:
- Place your request the day before pick-up at the latest to give Library staff time to fulfill your request.
- Stay in your vehicle until your pick-up time. A library staff person will bring your bag of materials out to our delivery table. Please wait until our staff has returned to the building before getting out of your car to retrieve your materials.
- Return items to our dropbox*. Please do NOT leave returns on our delivery table. Also note that we cannot accept donations at this time.
- Return to your vehicle as soon as you’ve picked up/returned your items to allow us to serve the next patron safely.
*If you check out large items or tech equipment, we will contact you to make special arrangements for their return.
The Olson Memorial Library is following the guidelines provided by the CDC and the Wisconsin Department of Health to ensure the safety of our staff and patrons. Library staff will strictly adhere to current guidelines regarding social distancing, hygiene, and cleaning as we provide curbside service.
We will be quarantining all returned materials for 72 hours before handling them, so they will remain checked out to your library card for several days after you return them. We can only accept returns through the bookdrop in order to make sure these quarantine procedures are followed correctly. Please do not place returned materials on our curbside delivery table or anywhere else at the library.
Despite following these guidelines, the Olson Memorial Library cannot guarantee that all of our materials are completely free of contagion. It is possible that the COVID-19 virus can remain viable on hard surfaces for several days. Please use your discretion about how to keep yourself and your family safe. If you are concerned about exposure to COVID-19 from library materials, we suggest that you keep your materials quarantined in their delivery bag for 72 hours before you handle them, or that you avoid the risk altogether by using our digital services instead.