We’ve paid the fees for these specialized resources so you don’t have to. In most cases, you'll enter your Olson Library card number to log on.
With a library card you have access to the following digital resources:
The NWLN catalog is shared by 25+ member libraries. Your library card number can be used to access your account and place holds, request items from other libraries, renew your items, or check the status your library record.
OverDrive hosts the Digital Media Catalog of the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium (WPLC). The catalog contains downloadable ebooks, audio books, videos and music. Using your library card, you can reserve and/or check out items for devices such as an ebook reader, Kindle, tablet, or smart phone. Visit http://dbooks.wplc.info to browse the collection and get started today!
BadgerLink is Wisconsin’s Online Library, providing Wisconsin residents with access to licensed content such as magazines, newspapers, scholarly articles and databases not available through regular search engines such as Google. These authoritative resources are perfect for students, genealogists and researchers.
Some of the many resources included FREE to Wisconsin library cardholders include:
- Full-text access to thousands of newspapers, magazines, and journals
- Auto Repair Source
- Business and Consumer resources
- Consumer Health resources
- Encyclopaedia Britannica - Elementary, Middle School, High School, standard and mobile editions
- HeritageQuest Online
- Teaching Books and other Book Collections
- PBS Wisconsin Education
- NoveList and NoveList K-8
- Science Reference Center and Science/Technology Resources
- Literature Reference resources
- Explora Resources
- For Elementary Schools
- For Middle and High Schools
- For Everyone
Ancestry Library Edition is an extensive genealogy research tool. Ancestry Library Edition includes records from the United States Census; military records; court, land and probate records; vital and church records; directories; passenger lists and more.
**NOTE: This database can only be accessed from our library's public access computers.**
Other Genealogy resources include Newspapers, books, Census & Revolutionary War records, city directories, and articles on historic events.
ConsumerReports.org - your library card gives you full access including ratings and recommendations on thousands of products and services in categories such as appliances, cars, electronics and computers, home and garden, health and fitness, babies and kids, food, personal finance, and travel.
Learning Express Library offers a variety of learning tools for all ages.
You will find:
- preparation tools and skill-building materials for adults, covering subjects like learning about a career and preparing for an entrance or occupational exam.
- test preparation tools and skill-building materials for reviewing key college skills.
- test preparation tools for the ACT, PSAT, and SAT as well as skill-building materials, including how to write a college admissions essay.
- High School equivalency center containing test preparation tools for the GED, HiSET, and TASC tests as well as skill-building materials, covering subjects like math, reading, and writing.
- test preparation tools and skill-building materials for children, teens, and adults.
- A collection of web-based skill-building materials on today’s popular computer programs including Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, and Windows and Mac operating systems.
It's all FREE with your library card. Check it out!
WISCAT is a statewide database for borrowing outside our NWLN catalog system. Click the WISCAT link to access and find the item you are looking for (always check our catalog first, just in case). Once you find the item, use the Request button to place your request. We will notify you when requested items have arrived. If you wish to, you can create your own WISCAT account to keep track of the status of your WISCAT request. You can also make inter-library loan requests by email or calling the library (715)479-8070. Once the requested item is in, we will contact you. You can pick up and return the item here, at the library.